Sunday, August 31, 2008

My HUBBY rocks!!!!

I guess he thought I needed a break. So he called JuJu and arranged for her to take Mackenzie for the overnight and Miles and Abby were with their mom. And he takes me on a surprise overnight trip to Pinehurst.. He wouldn't tell me where we were going and that just added to the fun of it. We got there and ate a nice lunch. Then we checked into our little Inn and went shopping in all the quaint, little shops. Walked into the room and these beautiful roses were waiting for me with a sweet little note from my love.




We then went to a wine tasting...Neither of us are big wine coinesseurs but Brian has a friend that is a distributor and he got us tickets to the wine tasting. And then we went to dinner. And came home the next morning totally rejuvenated.
I gotta tell you all this....This was the first night I've left Mackenzie overnight. And surprisingly it didn't bother me. Partly because I knew she was in the best possible hands and also because Brian and I really needed some time together. It's amazing how much we had to talk about that wasn't about our children.
Anyway-We're back and now the laundry, cleaning, cooking etc...continue. But I do believe we'll be doing this more often. I love my husband so much and I'm so happy he's mine.


post signature

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Megan that is so awesome. It is amazing what one night away can do for a couple and for a mom. Your husband does ROCK!!! and so does JUJU for taking the little gal. I am sure she had a blast over there.

Tracey said...

What a great surprise! You deserve it!

JuJu - said...

anytime- you know the deal - we are family - 'till the end darlin - 'till the end;)