Friday, September 26, 2008

DON'T FORGET GUATEMALA

A while ago I had posted about a very important mission that I was to be involved in. Global Orphan Team.


*****************
After a lot of prayer (and I mean this people, I did not take this decision lightly). I realized that being on the “team” as a leader in this mission is not what God has called me to do at this time in my life. This does not mean though that I do not support this “team” with all my heart. I love Julia and Kerry like sisters and will do everything I can to help them heed the call that God has for them.


*****************



I urge you to take a moment away from all the things that busy you in a day and read these blogs………….

JuJu's Crew - http://www.thejujucrew.blogspot.com

Kerry - http://www.kerrycollinsblog.com

Global Orphan Team - http://globalorphanteam.org


Try to mentally go where they have gone, try to feel what these children are feeling, try to feel what God is feeling as He sees his children suffering. These two women have answered His call. Maybe He’s calling you too….
**********************
WHAT’S GOING ON IN GUATEMALA?

Now that Guatemala has halted adoptions there is nowhere for the orphans to go. Babies are being left in grocery stores, children roam the streets looking for food. People who had orphanages and cared for these children have sent the kids away or simply put them on the streets and closed their doors because they are not making money any more.
What if this was your child? I think about this everyday. Would they be able to survive on the streets? If someone did stop to offer help, could they even communicate since many of them are so young they can’t talk yet? Can you imagine your child cold, hungry, sick, tired and lonely but still full of hope? It tears my heart out every time I picture Mackenzie in this situation. And let’s be real folks, this could be any of our children. Most of us reading this were blessed enough to be born in the United States. The children of Guatemala weren’t. Should they have to suffer for this? I don’t think so.
*************

Let’s help with what we can. Maybe you can travel on a mission trip, maybe you have an extra $5 a week to donate, maybe you have another service you could provide, maybe all you have to offer right now is prayer. That’s okay….Just help…….Spread the word. I honestly believe that none of us adopted from Guatemala by chance. I know that God planned that these children be ours so that we would become aware of the need in that country. Now that we know………how can we walk away? If your child was suffering, could you walk away? THESE ARE SOMEONE’S CHILDREN……….THEY ARE GOD’S CHILDREN. He doesn’t want us to walk away.

Pray about it……..that’s all I ask.

This is their reality!







post signature

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Thanks Meg...your support is PRICELESS. Love you.

Our Girls said...

I came across your site from Rhonda's.. Your Don't forget Guatemala Entry is so touching and it is so unfortunate with the kids and families effected with this no adoptions and I wish there were more we could all do.... Kerry and Julia are amazing!
Your Kids are absolutely Beautiful!
From a Blogger and adopted a little girl from Guatemala. We too did the infertility things ( we had Alexa our older natually) and after 4.5 years of 3 full IVF/ICSI and nothing.. I wish we would have went straight to adoption and got more home.... kerikrumm@msn.com

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Your right! I don't believe these kids came to us just out of luck. It was God ordained! I will do all that I can.

Kudos to you for following God's will in your life. I can only imagine how difficult of a decision that was because I know you want to help the orphans of Guatemala and I know that you still will!

Cant wait to see you again!

Andrea